Before you buy room heaters, it is important to have a clear idea of what exactly you expect from a new acquisition. That is why you need to accomplish 7 important steps to choose the best room heater.
Vital Things to Consider Before Buying Room Heaters
In order for the selected model to meet all your requirements and expectations, the following important steps should be performed, namely, you must evaluate:
1. Heating Area and Performance
This parameter is extremely important since it will depend on it whether the heater options can warm the entire room. And it’s better to buy a model that can cover a larger area than the dimensions of the chamber.
Typically, the heating area is indicated on the package of room heaters, but, you can calculate it yourself, focusing on the power of the product. As practice shows, to warm up 1 square meter best room heaters need about 100 watts power.
2. Type of control
There are 2 types of control of the warming up device: mechanical and electric. The possibilities of the first option are quite limited and make it possible only to choose the temperature and power indicators of the room heaters. In the second case, the owner may set additional modes and settings using the remote control.
In addition, the best electric room heaters models, as a rule, have a display on which all the necessary information is displayed.
Firstly, the safety of the room heaters is ensured by the properly selected power supply. It must coincide with the load that the electrical network of a house or apartment can withstand. Otherwise, there is a risk of short circuit. A person can fully protect their home only if finding a contractor who will thoroughly examine everything.
Oil devices are considered to be completely safe. And, fan heaters have a small degree of safety – during long-term operation, the casing of the device becomes very hot, as a result of which a fire can occur.
The safest are considered convectors, as well as infrared heaters.
4. Noise level
This indicator is especially important if the room heaters will be in the nursery or in the bedroom. The noisiest is the fan heater. All other types of devices do not emit strong noise during operation. Infrared models are especially quiet.
Please note that in addition to working noise, room heaters can also make a sound when changing modes or temperatures.
5. Installation Features
For the most part, heaters are installed directly on the floor. This applies to oil appliances, fan heaters or some models of convectors. In addition to the floor covering, you can also place the product on any plane (for example, a countertop or window sill).
Some models (especially convectors and infrared products) can be mounted on the wall. In this situation, you should ask what fasteners you need to use. If you worry that you can’t cope with the installation yourself – finding a contractor will be a good decision.
The most economical are fan heaters and infrared heaters. The latter option is more suitable for those who want to save money – after all, such devices are able to work even in large rooms and in open spaces.
7. Additional features
Modern room heaters are multifunctional devices. Manufacturers are trying to add the technical features to the models that simplify the operation process and allow you to enjoy the purchase as much as possible. Finding a contractor is inevitable to install properly the device.
Additional features may include:
- Automatic shutdown of the device when the required temperature is reached.
- Temperature control throughout the day (able to turn on and off if necessary).
- A timer that sets the start and end times of the room heaters.
- Built-in Wi-Fi or Bluetooth help control the device from a distance. For example, half an hour before returning home, turn on the heater remotely to enter a warm room.
How to Determine the Place Where to Put the Heaters?
Finally, here is a shortlist of specific recommendations where this or that heater is most suitable.
- oil heaters are suitable for apartments and small offices. They are safe to operate, can be freely moved around the apartment, and taken to the basement for winter or put in a secluded place. One heater is enough to maintain a comfortable temperature in the room;
- fan heaters are good for quick room heating;
- convectors are suitable for connoisseurs of elegant interiors. Compact and flat, they fit well into the room and do not take up much space. In addition, room heaters convectors do not burn oxygen, quickly heat the space and are energy efficient;
- an infrared heater will be suitable for large rooms where it is not necessary to heat a huge area but to concentrate the heat in one or two places. For gatherings in autumn evenings on the summer terrace, infrared heaters will also be a good solution.