Before you move to the UK with engaged British natural-born citizens, there will be a lot of processes. It always has a hassle, compiling proof of documents just for a visa. Make sure you provide an adequate immigration lawyer to explain the required documents and provide you with Total Law immigration services

Unfortunately, planning to study or work is not applicable to the UK Fiance Visa. You will apply for a fiance Visa when you get married with the help of a spouse lawyer. If you are spending with your partner for two years, then you will apply for Indefinite Leave to Remain as you will both be eligible to apply for British citizenship for marriage.

Requirements to Obtain a Finance Visa 

Here is the requirement that you wish to be fulfilled with your partner, in order to claim a Fiance Visa:

  • At least 18 years of age for partners
  • Your fiance must live in the UK as a natural-born citizen
  • Planning to get married in 6 months
  • Must passed an English Proficient test as provide a certificate to proof you knowledge in written and spoken
  • Have able to find a suitable accommodation for you and your family
  • You have to meet-up with your partner at least once before the date of the application
  • You and your fiance must have a living condition with the income of GBP 18,600
  • You and your partner must be sustain and manage of your own finances

What is the eligibility requirement of your partner for a fiance visa, you may ask? Your partner is a source as a sponsor for the visa, yet there are requirements will consider him/her:

  • Must a natural citizen in the UK or applicable for ILR (Indefinite Leave To Remain)
  • Must intend to make that your accommodation in the UK is consider home
  • Must be attending with your partner on the day of the visa application.

Also, you have to be able to meet English-language requirements with these options:

  • Any proof of documentation that you are born and raised in an English-speaking country
  • A valid certificate of English exam
  • A college degree and/or certificate from a English-language institution, recognized by UK NARIC

If an applicant, who is a refugee, an orphan, or victim of domestic abuse, is considered to be exempt from the exam.

About Partner Visa Extension

Additionally, you wish to have an extension of your Fiance Visa after failing within 6 months, you will be having a Partner Visa extension. There are a number of reasons why you may require an extension to your fiancé or proposed civil partner visa. You may want to wait until the British authorities have resolved a medical condition that your partner has, or perhaps you want to delay the wedding in order to save up some money for the big day. Whatever your reason for requesting an extension, it is important that you understand how to go about securing one and avoid any potential pitfalls.

As we’ve mentioned, “Work” is not required to have a Fiance Visa. You must have a monetary fund for six months without any assistance from the welfare. Your UK fiance will therefore need to show that they have sufficient funds for you and your family to live on without working, either through their own income or savings. The amount of money required differs depending on whether your fiancé is sponsoring you alone or as part of a family.


The visa process for a UK fiancé visa is often a long and arduous task. In addition to the immense strain that it can place on your relationship, it is also a very costly endeavor. You should be prepared to pay additional fees for documents, translation, and legal services, as well as medical and housing reports. All of these things may be required in order to complete the application process. You will also be required to pay an application fee when submitting your paperwork.

If you have already fulfilled your Fiance Visa within six months with your partner, you are now seeking to apply for a Spouse Visa, as you wait within 30 days. Yet, you need to be with your partner in 5 years to spare. If you succeed in 5 years, you may be eligible to apply for Indefinite 

Leave to Remain (ILR), also known as permanent residence. This option may be more favourable than applying for naturalization as indefinite leave to remain is less expensive and takes less time.

Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR) is a permanent residence visa and gives you many of the same rights as full British citizenship. It allows you to live and work in the UK indefinitely and access public funds, but it does not give you the automatic right to a British passport or the right to vote in UK General Elections.