Do you need some help with cleaning your apartment or house in NY City or near? If you’re too busy to get down and dirty to scrub all the floors, you might want to consider hiring a maid service.
Sometimes, we get overwhelmed with all that’s on our plate, and other family members can’t help as much. Husbands work, children go to school, but working moms also need to rest and not clean after working full time.
Luckily, a few popular maid services can help with the issue. These offer different services and can typically clean the entire place regardless of how dirty.
Still, companies vary, so while some would clean post-construction, others stick to simple maintenance jobs. Nonetheless, read the article below to discover how these services work. We’ve also included the top five companies for you to choose from.
What’s the job?
Before you hire someone, you should have a clear idea of what it is that you want them to do. Sometimes, people want the entire house scrubbed after construction, but they end up hiring a service that doesn’t do that type of job.
For this reason, you should think about what you would like them to do. Do you want them to clean the windows and curtains? Should they clean your AC unit and microwave? Also, do you want someone to deep-clean those thick carpets?
Ask yourself these simple questions, or make a list of things you’d like the maid to clean. This can help you and the person coming to clean.
You should know this in advance so that your maid knows what she/he has to deal with. This helps the person know what to expect and bring all the necessary tools and supplies.
Things to know about maid services:
- These are unfamiliar people – It sounds plain and simple, but say it out loud and think well if you’re okay with that. Sometimes, people hire maids, but they end up nervous and anxious about someone unfamiliar in their home.
Make sure to grasp the idea of a maid before she/he actually arrives so that you don’t flip out before they leave.
- They bring their tools – in most cases, a maid service also provides all the necessary tools and supplies. They bring cleaning chemicals and even their vacuum cleaners if you specify you need vacuuming. Luckily, most use the Bissell 9595a that’s quite easy to use and carry around. Most maid services use it because it works on all floors allowing them to use one vac in all homes.
- You should be precise – these people cannot know what you want them to clean unless you say it out loud. So, don’t be mad if your maid didn’t clean the scrub your oven if you didn’t even tell you want that done. Now, you might think some stuff is obvious, but no. You should always tell if there’s something you want them to do, and something you want them to leave as it is.
- Regular maintenance is cheaper – having a maid come over once in six months might turn out to be a bit expensive. It’s because you maybe didn’t have the time to get to all the nooks and crannies and everything is now harder to clean. For this reason, having a maid come more often is more cost-effective because he/she won’t have as much to do with regular maintenance.
1.MyClean Cleaning Services NYC
MyClean has some 200 employees and is among the most popular NYC maid services. It offers home and office cleaning, allowing you to book their services via a convenient online platform. The entire thing lasts about 60 seconds.
The company services New York, Washington DC, and Chicago, providing an instant price quote, flexible scheduling, availability calendar, and discounts.
They offer deep-cleaning, maid services, janitorial services, post-construction cleaning, move in/out cleaning, vacuuming, and garbage removal.
2.Maid Marines Cleaning Service
Established in 2012, this maid service is efficient and easy to schedule. They work in NYC, Southern Westchester, and Nassau Country. A good thing to know is that their flat rate includes two maids, a quality guarantee and all the necessary supplies.
It’s an excellent service if you need someone to do the housekeeping while you’re busy doing whatever else. They have a vast number of employees who are all over the city, meaning that you won’t ever have to wait for your maid to arrive from across town.
3.Wizard of Homes
If you’re looking for an efficient and well-trained maid, you might want to consider hiring someone from Wizard Of Homes. These people are highly-trained in different cleaning methods and techniques, making them easy to work with.
Also, they offer the option of eco-cleaning. In other words, the service has organic cleaning supplies that they can use on your home if you specify you’d like that.
The company was created back in 2009, and has been among the most popular ones in NYC since then.
If you’re looking for a locally-owned company to clean your place, you should think about Obsessive Cleaning. The name of the company says a lot about how they operate and how well they clean.
The company offers deep-cleaning, vacuuming, maid services, post-construction cleaning, move in/out cleaning and eco-friendly cleaning. In other words, the person who comes can clean the entire place from top to bottom if you want them to.
They’re easy to book and even better, you can do that any way you like. Use their app, text email, or visit their website to schedule an appointment.
5. Si Se Puede Women’s Cooperative
The company is owned and ran by a woman who also does the work, so it’s a great way to support females running a small business.
It brings immigrant women together, creating living wages in safe and friendly environments. The company offers maid services, move in/out cleaning, deep cleaning, and several other services you can discuss upfront.
They’re pretty flexible and easy to schedule with, so it’s unlikely cleaning sessions would disrupt your life and work.