Menopause is a natural state of the body of a woman who has entered 45-50 years of age. Hormonal restructuring occurs, in some cases, imperceptibly, but most often the symptoms of menopause, especially hot flashes, annoy the woman so much that she is forced to look for treatment for menopause symptoms ways to alleviate or eliminate them. Medicines that are recommended by doctors contain hormones that have a long list of contraindications, so, natural treatment for menopause is the most optimal and harmless.
Even with strong hot flashes, the treatment of menopause without hormones synthesized in pharmaceutical production is possible with the help of herbal medicine, the intake of special foods containing phytoestrogens, and homeopathy – these are top 3 methods of natural treatment for menopause.
Top 3 ways of natural treatment for menopause.
Herbal treatment for menopause has been used for a very long time. Herbal medicine is one of the oldest methods of help, which has a powerful healing effect when used correctly. Herbal preparations, decoctions, and juice of fresh plants contain a huge amount of biologically active substances, have the ability to rejuvenate the body, regulate the processes occurring in the woman’s reproductive system. The most widely used herbs in the treatment for menopause are:
- Oregano. Its infusion is used to normalize sleep, restore mental balance and reduce the number of hot flashes. It is considered a female herb that stimulates contractions of the uterus and intestines and restores normal metabolism.
- St. John’s wort contains a large number of substances that contribute to the strengthening of the vascular walls, stimulating blood formation. The beneficial effect on the digestive organs enhances the secretion of bile. St. John’s wort is recommended for menopause, as a powerful tonic, helping to stabilize the state of the autonomic nervous system and make the body’s reactions to hormonal changes less stormy.
2. Homeopathic remedies
Homeopathic medicines for the natural treatment for menopause should be taken if the symptoms of the menopausal period are severe. The advantage of homeopathic treatment is its harmlessness and the complete absence of side effects.
3. Proper nutrition
Since it is possible to reduce the sign and symptoms of menopause with the help of certain foods, women in this period must necessarily eat:
- Celery – a record holder for the content of nutrients;
- Soy products;
- Flax and sunflower seeds;
- Sprouted grains of oats, rye, wheat;
- Nuts, especially almonds and pinecones;
- Apples, grapes, pomegranates;
- Any cold-pressed vegetable oils.
Doctors’ advice on changing your usual diet is not only about introducing foods with phytoestrogens into your diet. It is advisable to exclude the use of any stimulating products as coffee and alcohol, strong black tea as a treatment for menopause.
Since it is possible to alleviate the symptoms of menopause simply by eliminating the provoking factors, it is advisable to completely relieve the digestive system during this period. Improving the liver and eliminating the excessive load on it can be achieved by excluding from the daily menu: fried, spicy, and fatty foods; sweets (sugar and chocolate often cause migraines).