Ridesharing platforms like Lyft and Uber have become immensely popular and integral to our lives. While such platforms allow one to save significant time and money, the risk of accidents stays the same. Ridesharing accidents have become a typical instance.
However, knowing what to do when encountering a ridesharing accident can be confusing. Filing a claim with a ridesharing company can be difficult. In such cases, it will be necessary to hire a car accident lawyer in Los Angeles as the lawyer can provide you with significant help and guidance.
Besides, you must know what to do when facing a ridesharing accident. Otherwise, more casualties can arise, and one can face severe injuries.
Dealing with a ridesharing accident:
You should know that anyone who sustained injuries and damages due to a careless ridesharing driver will be qualified for compensation. One will also be entitled to compensation if one suffers injuries directly from another motorist’s reckless actions while driving or working for a rideshare company. Both passengers and drivers of the rideshare company could claim damages if someone else caused the accident.
While some accident victims will make decisions in the heat of the moment, it will be best for you to be aware of the appropriate steps. Otherwise, you will risk hurting your chances of obtaining total compensation for your injuries.
You should follow the steps mentioned below to protect your chances of being compensated when facing a ridesharing accident.
- Stay at the accident scene.
- See if anyone other than you suffered any injuries.
- Call for medical support and the police.
- Take pictures of the accident scene, injuries, and damages. Ensure to preserve those pictures as they can be used as credible photographic evidence in court.
- Collect statements from the witnesses of the accident.
- File a report with the ridesharing company by contacting the driver or anyone else from the company
- Hire a car accident attorney in Los Angeles if you sustained injuries due to someone else’s fault.
Once you have followed the above-mentioned steps, you can be sure about decent compensation for your injuries. It will also be helpful if you collect the contact information of everyone involved in the accident, as it can provide significant insight when building a legal case.
As a result, dealing with any accident can be challenging. It would help if you remained calm and did not make any decisions in the heat of the moment. If you are not in a clear state of mind, you should hire an attorney for the same. Lastly, you must prioritize medical support after facing an accident and ensure to continue follow-ups, if applicable.