Jolt cola was the beverage that was originally advertised with the slogan, “all the sugar and twice the caffeine”.
Facts About Jolt cola:
- Introduction: Jolt Cola was introduced in 1985 by The Jolt Company, Inc. It was initially marketed as a cola with “all the sugar and twice the caffeine.”
- High Caffeine Content: The main selling point of Jolt Cola was its high caffeine content. It contained approximately 72 milligrams of caffeine per 12 fluid ounces, which was significantly higher than other colas on the market at the time.
- Marketing: Jolt Cola was marketed towards students and professionals, emphasizing its ability to provide extra energy and keep consumers alert and awake.
- Slogans: The brand used catchy slogans to promote its high caffeine content. One of the famous slogans was “All the sugar and twice the caffeine.” Another slogan was “Twice the caffeine, all the taste.”
- Jolt Gum: In addition to the cola, Jolt also produced Jolt Gum, which was a chewing gum with added caffeine. It was another way for consumers to get a caffeine boost.
- Initial Success: Jolt Cola gained a cult following, especially among college students and those seeking an extra energy kick. It was often associated with late-night study sessions and gaming sessions.
- Decline: Despite its initial success, Jolt Cola faced challenges in the market. As other energy drinks became more popular in the late 1990s and 2000s, Jolt faced increased competition, and its sales declined.
- Reintroduction: In 2006, Jolt Cola underwent a revival, and the original formula was reintroduced to the market. The brand also changed its packaging to “Jolt battery bottles”