A home has recurring needs to keep it well maintained and in good condition. One of the primary areas of concern is the windows. They vividly describe your home in terms of class, age and aesthetics, and that is why you need to make sure that your window replacement is flawless. This comes down to finishes.
If you have the right windows for your home, they increase their value. Your house gets more comfortable to live in too. It is highly recommendable to have relevant information before choosing windows for your window replacement in your home. Since windows come in different finishes, the type of finish you decide on matters.
1. The Finishing Touch
When having your window finishes, they come in different types. The exterior and interior finishing. You can have both finishes, or choose to have one of them.
2. The Home Interior Finishing
After completing your window replacement, you need to give it an interior finish. This finish helps in blending your new window to the internal environment of your home. The internal finishing consists of:
- Casings: they are the most used for the internal finishes. Casings are easy to integrate with different moldings. When using casings for your interior finishes, you can have them at any width of choice, depending on the size of your interior. Vinyl casings make an excellent option because they do not require repainting as it is with the wooden casings.
- Moldings: these finishes are a perfect choice when you already have some jambs on your window. If you have an old home, moldings give them an excellent interior makeover. They become more elegant and also get a priceless finish.
- Jamb extensions: they are used together with casings and moldings. Jamb extensions correct the space that is left by a mismatch from small fitting windows. Huge gaps are not, however, corrected using jamb extensions, but by getting a window that has a better fitting.
3. The Home Exterior Finishing
Once your window replacement is complete, the next step is often tidying the exterior part. Tidying is done on the seals and edges that are left protruding during windows replacement. External finishing includes:
- Vinyl brick mold
- Aluminum capping
Having an excellent finish on your home’s exterior enhances its appearance while other factors are added.
After deciding what type of finish you want for your home, there are some factors you should consider. They help you to have a successful project within your timeframe. While doing window finishing, consider:
4. Hiring a Professional
It is a way of ensuring you do not waste your time and materials. According to WindowTech, a professional will know the right type and the amount of it to use when installing your window. So, your window will not look bulky and overdone. Hiring a professional implies getting the best of your window replacement.
5. Having Some Fun in Choosing a Design
Choosing a design is part of doing window finishes. Do not feel shy to go out of the usual designs during this process. Be creative. Be fun. Having a unique layout creates some warmth from within and makes you more appreciating to your finishes.
If you have decided to have the professionals do the finish for you, let them do their work. Stop snooping every minute about what they are doing. Micromanaging them can be quite insulting to their competence. Take your time off the worksite and only check-in when necessary.
When your windows replacement and finishing project is complete, it demands a celebration. Do not overlook this step because completing a project is already an achievement on its own. So, upon the completion of your window replacement finish, celebrate. Call your friends over and gather your family to celebrate with you. It makes you appreciate your project and motive your loved ones to pursue any project they have to until it becomes complete.
Having the right finishes creates more satisfaction. So, when choosing both internal and external finishes, do not be hasty. Instead, take your time and plan about them before kicking off your project.